Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Please see our Privacy & Cookies for more information.

In order to give you a broad overview of the Laws and procedures in the United Kingdom, we have included the following, although not comprehensive, advice:


Work Permit Applications


The Home Office have closed the Work Permit scheme and a new points based system was introduced.


For the existing Work Permit holders, after completing a continuous term of five years stay in the UK within the terms of the Work Permit, he/she will still be entitled to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.


Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)


A new points scheme has come into force. Please contact our office for more details.


Marriage Applications


In order to be able to enter and remain in the UK on the basis of marriage to a British citizen/settled person, the applicant must meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules, such as details as to how the married couple are to maintain and support themselves in the UK.


Appeal against refusal of an Entry Clearance visa


If an application for Entry Clearance has been refused by the Entry Clearance Officer for reasons which appear to be unreasonable, then one will have the right to appeal against that decision. The appeal would then be heard by the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal in the UK where an Immigration Judge will consider the legality of the decision.


If you have any queries regarding the above matters or have questions about Asylum, applications for further leave to remain, or any other matters then please feel free to contact us. Please note that all information provided will be kept strictly confidential.


Please note that Wai Leung Solicitors accepts no responsibility for the advice contained within this website.